Get Around

Monday, October 17, 2011

Blossom Soul. "Lucky Fish"

Had a pretty awesome weekend. Randomly had some hours to burn and didn't have a clue what to do with this extra time. Went for a drive; smsed some friends for some ideas on a hangout joint. SMS - "Hey, do you know where creatives hangout" - Frd1: "Checkout BackStage ..." - Frd2: "I think BackStage ..." – Frd3: “I wouldn’t know” – Frd4: “Nada” ... etc.

BackStage seemed to be the winner. Got to BackStage - a poster on the entrance said: Live Jazz Friday and Live Soul Saturday. Walked up not expecting much - See I had been here before, and they had a German play - so I thought the lingo was a serious obstacle. But wait ... that music, those vibes, the voice ... Wow. I rushed in got a seat, a drink and then began my night into Blossom Soul.

I must say: Blossom is a Namibian singer/song writer and she blew away BackStage this past Saturday. I got inspired by her music to do this piece.

The sound engineer did a brilliant job - it sounded raw, unplugged but tops - like a CD. I managed to catch the first act and also got to see Suzie E do her saxophone vibes. I smsed inviting a few friends - Unfortunately they missed out. I'm the Lucky Fish!

1 comment:

Thanks for you comment.